Watching the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight with friends? Have absolutely no idea about boxing, how to pronounce Pacquiao, or why the entire world is so pumped up about this fight? YFH has compiled a quick guide to the richest fight in boxing history, so that you can scrape your way through the small talk preceding the fight, and successfully make a few throwaway comments in-between rounds. It’s free:
– Pacquiao is pronounced PUCK-key-ow. Hear it here.
– If you can’t pronounce Mayweather, you’re on your own.
– The purse for the fight is set at $300 million.
– Mayweather will earn a guaranteed $120 million for the fight. Pacquiao will get $80 mill.
– The cheapest seats to watch the fight inside the MGM Grand cost around $1500. Celebs like Leonardo DiCaprio and Denzel Washington will be sitting ringside.
– This fight is a big motherfuckin’ deal. Huge. Richest fight in boxing history.
– The fight is held at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas.
– The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds.
– The fight has been more than five years in the making, with both camps having troubles agreeing on terms for the agreement.
– Many people accused Mayweather of ‘ducking’ Pacquiao for the last five years.
– Mayweather is arrogant. He also compared himself to Ali in the lead up to the bout.
– Mike Tyson thinks Mayweather is a douche.
– Complex did a good summary of Mayweather’s year – check it here.
– Bring up the above two points to a Pacman fan and you’ll have them talking for hours.
– Mayweather is the favourite, paying $1.55 against Pacquiao’s $2.55.
– Kenny Bayless will be refereeing the fight (he’s experienced and a legend of the sport).
– Floyd Mayweather Senior will be in his son’s corner. He’s an interesting bloke and strong contender for ‘dad of the year’ after using Floyd Junior to shield himself from his gun toting uncle. He’s also been convicted of drug trafficking.
– Freddie Roach will be in Pacquiao’s corner. He’s a hall of fame trainer and another legend of the sport.
– Pacquiao has the speed and the power.
– Mayweather is clinical and extremely good on the defensive.
– Pacquiao will throw more punches and is least likely to be knocked out.
– Odds suggest that Mayweather will go the distance and win a unanimous decision.
– There’s a lot of money to be made by betting on a draw.
– It won’t be surprising if Mayweather retires on the spot if he wins the fight.
Age: 38 – Nickname: Money – Height: 5ft 8in – Reach: 72ins – Stance: Orthodox – Career earnings: $420million – World title fights: 24
Age: 36 – Nickname: Pacman – Height: 5ft 8in – Reach: 72ins – Stance: Southpaw – Career earnings: $420million – World title fights: 19
Now, watch this…
Facts About Mayweather Pacquiao
Posted by BuzzFeed Video on Saturday, 2 May 2015
If you have a story that you'd like to share, please submit it here.