Thank you for your interest in having your story heard on yourfriendshouse.com. Before we are able to accept any submissions from you, please confirm that you have read and agree to this Submissions Agreement (“Agreement”).
By submitting to yourfriendshouse.com, you agree:
- That in exchange for our providing you with this platform to express yourself and with potential exposure to yourfriendshouse.com readers, which you agree is valuable consideration, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, license, sublicense, distribute, and display your content on our website and associated social media channels.
- If you believe that you should be paid or otherwise compensated for the submission of your content, please state so in the Content Submission form. You acknowledge that you are not entitled to compensation or reimbursement of any kind for your content, unless otherwise agreed to by yourfriendshouse.com. We may benefit commercially from your content, including through ad placements on yourfriendshouse.com and it’s affiliated websites, however you acknowledge that this does not give you a right to compensation or reimbursement.
- That submitting your content through the submissions form does not guarantee that yourfriendshouse.com will publish the content, either in part or in full.
- That (a) you are 18 years of age or older and have provided us with correct details on our submissions form; (b) your content is your own original work that has not been published by an alternate print or digital platform that requires exclusivity over the content you’ve provided us; (c) you own the copyright in your content; (d) your content does not contain any express or implied statements of fact that are untrue, false, or misleading; (e) your content does not infringe the copyrights, trademarks or other rights of any third party; (f) your content does not contain any viruses, worms, malware or other harmful or destructive material; and (g) your content does not contain any unlawful material. You will indemnify and hold us harmless against any damages sustained or expenses incurred in connection with any claim, action or proceeding based on an actual or alleged violation of these representations and warranties.
- That if you wish to have your content published under the name “Anonymous” you will advise us on the Content Submission form. Although your content will be posted as Anonymous on yourfriendshouse.com, we still require your real name and email address on our Content Submission form. We will make all reasonable efforts to honour your request to publish content anonymously, however we make no guarantee that your content will be published anonymously. We disclaim any responsibility whatsoever for any harm resulting from not publishing your content anonymously. Furthermore, if your content is published anonymously, we make no guarantee that your identity will remain anonymous and we disclaim any responsibility whatsoever for any harm resulting from the intentional or unintentional disclosure of your identity.
Upon submission, you agree that:
- That there is no contract of employment, partnership, or other such relationship between you or yourfriendshouse.com.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to (a) edit your content, (b) supplement your content with content provided by us or by third parties, (c) remove your content from yourfriendshouse.com at any given time in the future, and (d) benefit commercially from your content.
- It is not our intention to misconstrue the message made by the submitter, though by submitting content, you acknowledge the right of yourfriendshouse.com to modify it in the ways outlined above.
- We may publish without restriction other content on the same or similar topics as that of your content. We make no representations, warranties, or promises whatsoever regarding the nature or level of exposure that you or your content will receive through yourfriendshouse.com, and you agree that we have no obligation to you under this agreement, or under any law, or in equity, in connection with any of your content that we may use.
- The lifetime of your work on yourfriendshouse.com is not infinite. While it is not our intention, unfortunate and rare circumstances occasionally result in work being deleted. It is the responsibility of the artist to keep relevant backups, so that in such cases, work is replaceable.
- yourfriendshouse.com will not be held accountable for work lost, nor will it owe expenses occurred by an artist(s) should work disappear for unforeseen circumstances. Please view further details in the below, ‘Liabilities’ section.
- Should circumstances arise in which you wish for media to be removed, written notice must be provided by the submitter requesting that all posting is to cease on a date specified, no less than four days (or 96 hours) after the written notice is received.
yourfriendshouse.com will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website and any materials posted on it. This includes, but is not limited to:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of data
- loss of goodwill
- wasted management or office time
- and any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, quiet enjoyment, or fitness for a particular purpose.
Linking to yourfriendshouse.com
You may link to our pages provided you do so in a way that is fair, legal and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association with us if no such association exists.
The agreement between you and yourfriendshouse.com shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Western Australia, Australia. The parties agree to irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia, Australia.
If you have questions on the above, contact us: thehousemates [at] yourfriendshouse.com