I only recently got put onto Sango by a friend and after a quick scroll through his Soundcloud I was getting more and more impressed by the sound he was putting out. The 20 year old Seattle native quickly had me zoning out to his ambient and glitchy takes on songs from the likes of Frank Ocean, Aaliyah and Slum Village to name a few. I tend to like music that can set a certain mood and sometimes transports you to another place, and Sango seems to be a master of that art. His futuristic bass vibes will have you zoning out in no time. Sango’s latest EP “Trust Me” is Soulections first release for 2012 “ and it’s a solid EP for the label to kick start the year with. With a total of 12 tracks, the EP takes you on a journey through the diverse sounds that young Sango is capable of producing. ‘Something For Us’ was a standout track for me, it’s just such a smooth track, perfect theme music for seducing that girl next door. So close the door, dim the lights and let Sango take you on a trip to his world. TRUST ME, you wanna get you a copy of this (buy here). And while you’re at it go pick up his take on The Weeknds House of Balloons album ‘More Balloons’.
- I Think This Is The Worst Meme Ever // 12.12.13
- Knife Wounds // 12.12.13
- I Have No Idea What I Just Wrote // 12.12.13
- The Tale Of Two Bibliophiles // 12.12.13
- Runaways (Heavier Than Heaven) // 11.12.13
- While Waiting For The 171 // 11.12.13
- Why Australian Christmas Is A Better Christmas // 10.12.13
- A Chat With Flamingo // 06.12.13
- Fractured // 03.12.13
- My Definition Of Platonic Love // 29.11.13
- "Absolutely fucked - completely brilliant. ..." // Emma Riordan
- "Your best yet...." // Briar Brand-Adams
- "Wow such article, so opinion, much wrong, many rage...." // Jarrad Down
- "I think this will be the crux of my adult life. I lived a pretty unconventional childhood. In my tee..." // Sarah Jane Courtney
- "One of the reasons this so incredible is that what you'd think would be the second most shocking par..." // Fern Angel Beattie
- "wow, much hate..." // Mort Duff
- "wow, much hate..." // Mort Duff
- "I've spent the last two days re-reading all of your work on YFH Shane and this, this was the best fi..." // Wesley Manuta
- "Liked it a lot...." // Lee Bemrose
- "This is one of the best things I've ever read...." // Fern Angel Beattie
- Moments with Elizabeth Angela Johnson // 07.05.11
- Hot Girl DJs (Who Cant DJ) // 06.02.12
- Introducing Bwana! // 07.08.11
- The Friendzone Doesn't Exist, Dickhead // 13.05.13
- Hold The Bombs Please // 26.11.11
- My Unending Battle With Pubic Hair // 13.06.12
- 2011 MTV VMA Fails // 31.08.11
- Here's Why Listen Out Is Going To Be Amazing // 19.09.13
- I Did... Meth In a Bangkok Hut // 09.01.12
- Nudity & Raves: The American Monster (NSFW) // 19.06.13
POPULAR STUFF FROM WITHIN THE HOUSE
ENTER YOUR EMAIL FOR THE FRESHEST HOMEBREW
UP & COMING
A&C For Melbourne Cup
What better way to spend Melbourne Cup than over a three-course meal and drinks package at the iconic Brisbane venue Alfred & Constance. Inquire here, and see you on the day!
The Kush Klub 1st Birthday
The Kush Klub have been throwing rad parties for a year now, and to celebrate turning 1 they will be throwing a huge party at The Bowler Bar on August 2nd. Check it out, yo.
Listen Out Is Finally Here
Parklife might be gone, but Listen Out is shaping up to be a defining moment in Australian party history. A national tour with acts like Disclosure, AlunaGeorge, Azealia Banks and many more, it’s sure to sell out.
The Astral People Party
The good folk at Astral People are throwing a huge party at the Sydney Opera House with crew like Omar-S, Africa Hitech and Jon Convex set to lay down the law. June 1st. Be there!
Flosstra- damus AUS & NZ Tour!
Archery Club, Your Friends House and Acclaim mag have teamed up to bring trap sensation and underground warlords Flosstradamus down under for an 8 stop tour across Australia and NZ!